Who We Are and Scope of this Privacy
IPV is a British company, whose offices are at Cross Keys House, 3rd Floor, 22 Queen Street, Salisbury SP1 1EY.
For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, IPV is the “data controller”. This means that IPV determines the purposes for and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Full name,
- Contact information (postal address, email address and telephone number),
- Order and payment information,
- IPV online account username/display name and password which are encrypted,
- Reviews and Feedback.
- Log Files
- IP address,
- Web browser type and version,
- Operating system,
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, the exit pages and date/time stamp.
- Web Beacons, Tags and Pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
How we collect Data
We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you,
- Data is received from other sources,
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email, social media or through any other means,
- When you place an order and complete the associated documents with us to receive our products and services,
- When you sign up to our newsletter,
- When you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them),
- When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel,
- When you apply for a business credit account,
- When you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise,
- When you opt to receive marketing communications from us,
- When you use our services.
Data that is received from third parties
IPV will receive Data about you from the following third parties, such as:
- Shopify - For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Google Analytics - We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Other analytic web tools
- Other businesses when you apply for a business credit account.
Data that is received from publicly available third parties’ sources
We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Data that is collected automatically
When you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- Log Files - We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, time and frequency with which you accessed the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- Electronic Files – Our web pages and emails contain cookies or pixel tags (Tags). Tags allow us to track receipt of any email to you, to count users that have visited the web page and opened an email. This helps us understand how interacted with the information we have sent.
- We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
- To verify your identity,
- To verify your company payment capabilities,
- Internal record keeping,
- Improvement of our products and services,
- Customer Support to investigate enquiries,
- Transmission by email of marketing materials that maybe of interest to you,
- Contact for marketing research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, or social media. Such information maybe used to customise or update the Website.
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Legal Basis – When you register with us, set up an account to receive our products/services, provide customer support to you, receive feedback from you, it is necessary for us to use your personal information to perform our legal obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we will need your consent, whether via opt-in or soft opt-in:
- Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services or have previously used our products). Under the “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent: you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting, for example, checking a tick box that we will provide.
- If you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
We may use your Data to show you IPV adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you IPV adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the groups of people for the following reasons:
- Credit card companies and other payment providers - to verify card payments and process refunds,
- Couriers - to dispatch, deliver and process returns,
- Competitions and prize draws – for example, prize supplier or facilitator,
- Company Accountant,
- Business Insurance Provider.
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example, we store your Data on secure servers.
Data outside of the IPV website is stored in our Content Management System. All devices with access to IPV software systems have security passwords. Any data taken outside of the software systems environment for the purpose of backup is kept in a locked environment.
Technical and organisational measures include how to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
If you would like detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers/devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses etc., please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by Government and leading businesses.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
If you are a European resident, under Data Protection Law, you have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to Access – the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification – the right to ask us to rectify personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – the right to ask us to delete/remove your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict our use of your Data – the right to block us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Object to Processing – the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability – the right to ask that we transfer your personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
As a European resident, please note that we are processing your Data in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Website), or otherwise, to pursue our legitimate business interests. Please note that your data does not leave the UK/Europe and we do not currently export to companies in Canada and the United States.
If you have an enquiry about exercising any of your rights set out above, or to withdraw consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have data protection concerns about the use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com. You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data to the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO website is: https://www.ico.org.uk
Third Party Links
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
Before the Website places Cookies on your device, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling IPV to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies, however, certain features of the Website may not function fully.
What Cookies we use – Cookies are used by us and our third party partners as part of our Website. The table below lists the individual Cookies that we use:
The session cookie tells the website which page you last visited and what you have added to your basket. It also identifies whether you have signed in or are a new visitor to the website.
These cookies help us understand how visitors use our website. Google Analytics uses these cookies to see the pages you visited and how long you spend shopping. The information stored by cookies can only be viewed by certain teams at IPV and Google, and never shows any confidential information.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org